Monday, October 25, 2010

Headed to the Outback

No, not the restaurant, the Outback Kangaroo Farm! I took a long lunch on Friday and met Natalie and her school at the farm in Arlington for the tour. Brady got to go this summer as part of the YMCA daycamp and had so much fun, so I was excited to get to tag along with Little Miss.
Her school is studying birds right now, so really we were at the Kangaroo farm to see their birds (they have a lot of different birds: Emu's, an Ostrich, a turkey, peacocks and pea hens...)
I was surprised that we got to be IN with the Kangaroos and Wallaby's. I mean... don't they kick and punch?
Everyone had fun, and we stopped at a park for lunch which happened to be Bum-Skeezo park. I hate that when you're in an unfamiliar city and you end up in a place that the locals wouldn't go near. Ever. And by the time the adults and given each other "the look" the kids had already poured out of the vans and plunked their lunches down next to the bums and were sprawled all over the playground. So we kind of shrugged our shoulders and chalked it up to lesson learned: do not take your children to Haller Park.

Mr. Donkey enjoying a nibble.

Little Miss getting brave enough to pet the Kangaroo, they're velvety like a bunny, but bony.



Giving a Kangaroo a nibble of bread.

And lovin on a Wallaby. **Sigh** Natalie's dimples kill me. I love them.

0 comments: