Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Kid Stuff and Sunshine

The sun has finally arrived for more than an afternoon! People always ask how we live here with the constant rain, but I tell them it makes us so much more appreciative for the sun when it arrives, it's like a holiday where everyone around you is electric with excitement. And the rain is the price for the beauty, because when you wake to the sun rising over the Cascades and setting over the Puget Sound, you really can't argue that there is a more beautiful place to call home.

I think the only fault of the good weather is that it sparks a frenzy of activity, we want to try to cram as much as humanly possible into the sunny day before it slips away from us again. And it makes us daydream of gardening projects, camping, and in my childrens' case: running through the sprinkler.

Brady got a pair of "googly eye" glasses from the dentist for having a good check-up. The google eyes are long gone, and all that remains is the frame. Natalie has taken to wearing them quite often.


We all headed to Bellingham Saturday for Roller Derby, and arrived early enough to meet Erin and her crew at the Farmers Market. It is so overcrowded, but it has so much to offer! We left with some honey, kettle corn (my main objective to going), and a really cool "Bonfire Begonia" which I need to learn about (oops, and go water it too). I tried to get my annual picture of the kids on the goat... there are 11 photos of my attempt, and here are the top 3 (which should give you a clue as to how much cooperation I got).


Ok, so the only reason I posted this one is because Natalie reminds me of her when she was a little toddler with her big dimply smile. I swear she was just 2 years old. Now she's 57 pounds and 4+ feet tall!

As good as it gets.



Our boys.


Natalie, like most girls, spends a lot of her day writing and drawing and asking me how to spell things. She daydreams as she draws and writes and sometimes we get a little peek into her thoughts and imagination. I wonder what she was thinking of when she drew this?


"We need to buy some Mushrooms. If we buy mushrooms then we can go camping." Guess what we're doing next weekend? Yup, camping. Buying the mushrooms must've worked.


I let the kids hook up the sprinkler yesterday and run around in it, even though it was only in the mid-60's. And of course all of these children came out of the woodwork, and our front lawn had a handful of extra children. I think sprinklers are like ice cream trucks: they are beacons for children to gather.

1 comments:

Erin said...

Why does the last photo look like it was taken in the eighties? Is that an iphone thing?