Sunday, February 12, 2012

He put a ring on it.

Michael and I are officially ENGAGED! We have been talking about getting married for a long time, and the time has finally come to where we can actually put action to our wishes. To quote Harry Burns from When Harry Met Sally: When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."

Or to quote Michael: "You had me a 'Friend Request Accepted'."


We are so happy. Falling in love with Michael was like putting glasses on for the first time and realizing that those green blurs are the trees. He is my light: the sun of my days, and fire of my nights. I'm trying to think of more analogies of how describe how I love him, but words only come close.

There was no 'big proposal', because a proposal isn't warranted. He didn't need to ask. He's been proposing to me in small ways everyday since the day we got together. He makes me feel so loved, so wanted, so appreciated. And he tells me so everyday how much. He makes my heart swell and my eyes well up. The words he said to me before he put the ring on my finger are etched on my heart.

3 comments:

Kate said...

And I couldn't be happier for you two! :) xoxo

rebecca said...

OMG, you have a way with words. I am crying right now. So happy for the two of you and your perfect little family.

Jen said...

So.....