Monday, September 26, 2011

September Photo Roundup

I figured that I needed to get all the random bits of photos lying around so that I can blog about what has been brewing in my heart all weekend... So as I do from time to time, here is a photo roundup of our lives from the last month:

One of Natalies first-first grade projects was to make a series of paper dolls about why she is special. Mike and I, Brady, and Makenzie all filled one out and then Natalie had to fill out one herself. "I am special because I am Ceut" I pronounce it "Key-Ute" because she's more than just regular cute!
Makenzie suffered the first wardrobe casuality of the year... Kindergarten is a rough place, there are no promises you won't make it out unscathed.
The girls watching Grayson Chance on the Ellen show... groupies in the making.





Natalie got bumped in the mouth while getting ready to go home on Thursday. Her mater tooth started bleeding and she started panicing. She stamped her feet and gnashed her (remaining) teeth, and pounded her fists in the air through her tears until she found her courage and we got that tooth out! Boy was she happy! And so was I, school photos were only a week away and I really didn't want that dangly tooth in them!




That tooth was just the beginning of Natalies dental woes this month... here she is at Dr. Brady's office (I know) for her consult for dental surgery to have two molars removed (tomorrow). Poor girl.



I went blackberry picking down by the river the other day and this little fella kept me company.



I picked loads of berries, I was so pleased with my harvest. Until I got home and rinsed them and got them prepared for the crisp I had planned for the evenings dessert and noticed all the little wormy things. Mike read about them and offered some solutions but to me they were already garbage. I mean, I know that the amount of bugs and grubs we eat in ketchup and peanut butter is a little disturbing, but it's a whole 'nother thing to see them in your food, then choose to prepare and eat it anyway. That ain't me, chickadee. Blech.

We headed down to the childrens museum Saturday to meet the Seafair pirates and let the kids tour the new rebuilt "Moby Duck"


The Seafair pirates make quite an entrance complete with an air-raid siren and cannon!








And to top off Natalie's "month 'o dental issues" she went and lost another tooth last night! Maybe she should be a Jack-O-Lantern for Halloween!

0 comments: