Sunday, July 29, 2012

While the kids are away...

The kids have been gone a week today.  We've honestly been so busy, time is speeding by.  Last year we redecorated Brady's room and did a mini-makeover for the girls.  This year the girls decided they want to share a bedroom, and turn the other bedroom into their playroom.  So we've (read:Mike) have been busy painting and moving furniture and scrambling to get it finished before they return.  




One of Brady's friends thought it would be funny to fling of of Brady's shoes onto the neighbors roof. 

The girls (and a neighbor-friend) hanging in the cherry tree.


After mike had primered over the P-I-N-K walls. 

The pink strip is the lighter of the two pinks that were once in this room, and were now the marker to where we put a chair rail.

Prepping for polka dots.

And after! 

My sweetie. 

My good friend Tracy and her husband are on the Paleo diet and doing very well.  We had dinner together Friday night so I was searching online for a Paleo-friendly dessert and came across a recipe for banana ice cream treat.  And the recipe raved about this ice cream made from a plain ole frozen banana with the help of this machine: Yonanas  I picked it up on my lunch break and Tracy mocked me and told me that's what my food processor was for, and proceeded to endure endless teasing about buying a "gadget".  Well, shut the front door because this thing makes delicious banana ice cream!  And guess who bought one the very next day?!  Seriously:  in goes a frozen banana (and other frozen fruit if you wish) and out comes ice cream!  It's a Paleo dream come true for the ice cream lover who is jonsen for a cold, creamy treat! 

4 comments:

Jen said...

I made the banana ice cream in the food processor and added a spoon of cocoa powder and peanut butter. It was unbelievable!

Jen said...

I made the banana ice cream in the food processor and added a spoon of cocoa powder and peanut butter. It was unbelievable!

Kate said...

The room looks great! Way to go guys! I'll have to try the frozen banana ice cream thing...sounds yummy.

rebecca said...

I think we should have this banana ice cream at book club ladies!