Saturday, July 21, 2012

Spring.

Finding balance between life and work is proving difficult for me.  I've been so lousy at blogging, haven't scrapbooked in years... even my running has taken a backseat.  And it's my own fault, my family actually complains that I'm not doing these things.  I'm slipping into the old "put myself last" habit that is so true in so many mothers and wives.  We do it happily and without thought.  But... it's just a few things that make me happy and as the saying goes "happy wife, happy life" I think I need to get back in my old "good" habits to make sure I keep my kids and husband happy too! 


We spent several weekends this year over on "the island" helping build an apartment on Mike's parent's property for his ailing Grandmother.  Well, Mike helped build, I ate peanuts and drank beer while the kids played and got filthy.
 Natalie and I with fresh haircuts.
 Our girls at Woodland Park Zoo... we became season pass holders this year
 Brady hand-feeding a cockatiel.
 Natalie and her little bird...
and Makenzie fed a stunt bird :)
 Heading to the island... Brady's favorite place to be.
 The girls celebrated their birthdays together with a party at the Lynnwood Parks and Rec pool.
 6 years and 1 day, Boo lost her first tooth!
 Celebrating Erin's upcoming wedding with some dear (and gorgeous!) friends.
 The newest member of our household:  Our nanny's little girl "Bugs".  She just turned one, and she has the most delicious chubby rolls. 

4 comments:

Littlewally said...

You have our support and unconditional love. Your the everything to this family and while the OT has taken a chunk of the time we get together we will get back on track. Happy to see you here again. Love you. Your happy husband.

Jackie said...

I've missed this! It's like waiting for a sequel to a great book everytime. I'm glad to see you are able to take some time here and there to do some fun things I see. Looking forward to our next visit. Keep the stories coming! I look forward to them like craazy! xo

Jackie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen said...

Good to hear from you! From one of your 'gorgeous' friends. ;)