Sunday, August 22, 2010

E-I-E-I-GO!

Saturday we headed to the Island County Fair, something that I attended religiously every summer as a kid.
We got there in time to watch the parade, with Danny Ward playing the National Anthem on his sax and MC'd by Jim Freeman (some things never change). I think the last time I attended the fair parade, my mom was wearing a spandex leotard dodging horse poop while she Jazzercized with her class. My dad used to load us kids on the hose truck and we'd get to ride through the parade that way, the firefighter kids still get to do that... that was nice to see. (None of those things mean anything in relation to this picture of a pink unicorn, except that it was in the parade and all the girls about jumped out of their skin when they saw it)


They have a passport-stamp program for the kids to fill out to encourage them to visit all the exhibits (it worked). So we made our way into the Fine Arts building. And lo and behold, Uncle Bill has a piece entered. I believe it was titled 'A Medics tortured memory' or something very similar. He is such a talented sketch artist. I really like his cowboy stuff.

The Twizzler was very popular with the girls.
The Twizzler (or anything else) was not on Brady's "things I want to do today", so he ate all the bananas that the big gorilla handed out to us during the parade.
Oh yeah, here's some proof that the grownups attended the fair too...

Sometimes the pictures that capture the best spirit aren't the best quality...

6 of the 7 kids we toted around most of the day (where is Fritter?)


The girls got matching rainbows... Pa (the face between the girls in the background) splurged and let all the girls get their faces painted.
Heading home on the Kittitas...

2 comments:

Erin said...

What a sweet picture on the ferry, how much did that cost you?

Kate said...

What a fun day!