Monday, December 13, 2010

Happy Anniversary to me...

So today is my blog's 3rd anniversary. Three years of my blathering documented for the world to read... yikes. Sorry 'bout that.

I took a quick peek at some posts from 3 years ago and found one that talked about my feelings about Everett, which happens to now be my new hometown :) If you care to read about it, you can here.

So how do I feel about E-town 3 years later? Well it's only been home for a month, but we're finding a routine and the kids seem happy at school but finding playdates is difficult since I don't know anyone with 8 year old boys around here (well except for one who came over the other evening and one who occasionally lives next door but is seldom let out to play). Natalie is blessed to have a built in playmate in Boo, but even they test each others limits after a few days. There is a lot to do down here, but finding time and energy and money to do all of it is a challenge.

Oh wait, the question was how do I feel? I'm happy to be here. I have rose-colored glasses on when I think of Bellingham, but Everett is quickly growing on me. Sure, there's skeezy parts, but what city (even my beloved Bham) doesn't have 'em? I happen to love our neighborhood, and I love that I can walk 1 block and end up at the grocery store, Starbucks (ok that one is trouble), the post office... I love the downtown area, it's like Little-Big city. We went to the theatre, to the Harley store, and Mike brought home some locally made beer from Lazy Boy Brewing, that was amazingly delicious. And I just feel "right" here with Michael and our respective children. Life is finding it's balance.

Oh... and Everett has an abundance of tattoo parlors, low-rider auto-body shops, and bikini barista stands... Ok, so I couldn't get through a whole post without taking a few jabs... part of Everett's charm is it's ability to take my abuse.

P.S. Thank you Jen for encouraging and inspiring me to start a blog in the first place. Even if no one else ever reads another word, I'm sure my children will thank you for getting me to journal for them.

1 comments:

rebecca said...

You have at least one reader with me, i check it everyday. Happy A day to you!!!!