Monday, December 20, 2010

The Santa Sightings

My dear friend Erin had a milestone birthday this past week, and Saturday we had a "surprise" party for her. After a family chili-feed, the ladies headed downtown where we had a scrumptious cake waiting for us at Pure Bliss Desserts (which is amazing and the service and atmosphere is excellent). Afterwards, we walked over to The Temple Bar where lo and behold, the jolly old elf was having a little cocktail. I knew the holidays were stressful, but stressful enough to drive Santa to drink?!


What do you think Santa was knocking back? A Rusty Nail perhaps? It has Johnny Walker RED in it after all...
I hoofed all three kids to dinner and through the Alderwood mall all while carrying a cute-though-a-little-too-big pair of black Mary Janes for Makenzie to wear. In all the excitement guess what I forgot to do? Yup. It's like those sneakers are smirking at me, see their tongues sticking out at me (ba-dum-dum)?

At least both girls are in their sneakers this time. This is an annual event at Sound Harley and it was lots of fun (I think the kids favorite part was the free cookies and milk).


I love this picture, but wish someone would have said "woman put your hand down!" to me.

0 comments: