Friday, December 17, 2010

A twinge

Before I moved to Everett, Michael would often send me pictures of Mt. Baker from his point of view, and if I could see it, I'd send him a picture of Mt. Baker from mine.  It was very Fivel of us (Somewhere out there... beneath the pale moon light... Ok I'll stop).
This Friday was an especially beautiful and clear day, and Mike took a picture of Mt. Baker this afternoon and sent it to me.  Sweet, I know.


Then the girls and I headed out to run some errands and BLAM!  there was Mt. Baker.  And the tears welled up.  A little twinge of... of what?  Homesickness?  Not exactly, home is wherever Mike and the kids are.  But Whatcom County was 14 years of my life.  Or was it as simple as: 'Wow, that mountain is beautiful.  And it's Friday.  And it's sunny.  And I've got 2 sweet little girls with me'.  Or maybe it's the fact that I have 3 kids now home on Christmas break. That's enough to bring a girl to tears :)
But I actually think that I have a much better view (although farther away) of my beloved volcano from here than from Bellingham.  Just sayin'.


From the alley behind our house...

1 comments:

Erin said...

Yes, three kids at home will bring a girl to tears, I second that one!