Saturday, November 19, 2011

One Year Later

One year ago today, I packed the last 14 years of my Bellingham life into a U-haul and caravaned down I-5 with Mike's family towards my future in E-town. It was scary and exciting, scary because I was literally pulling up roots for myself and my children (more scared about the change for my kidos) and exciting because I was absolutely certain that Michael was the true love of my life and I could not imagine another day without him in it.

Since paper is the traditional gift for the 1st anniversary, I decided to give myself a little present: removing the ivy wallpaper border in the kitchen. Next I think I'll tackle the one in the laundry room, but I think I'll wait until after our Thanksgiving. I helped out at the Port for their United Way Campaign and there was a mountain of leftover tomatoes and onions. So Mike volunteered to send them home with me and I sent back 3 giant batches of salsa and pico de gallo.
The theme for the United Way day was "Tailgate party". All the guys (and ladies) brought their pickups in and there were games (speed pitch, football toss, hoops) and of course a hot wings contest. Mike's best buddy Rob made some delicious wings (made with Ghost pepper, sounds scary) and even though the contest was rigged (the wife of one of the judges won) I thought Rob's were executed perfectly and had the right texture and sauce, and of course his display was top-notch (milk, homemade (mine) bleu cheese dressing, and rubber gloves!)
Mondays at Brady's school means soccer. It's so nice to see Brady actually enjoying an organized sport (after many seasons of watching him sulk in the middle of the field or court).
Have you ever seen someones doppelganger? I've never seen mine, but we did spot my van's doppelganger driving down I-5 the other day, it was complete with the roof rack and white sticker; however both the sticker and the bike mount were on the opposite side as my van. Maybe it was my bizzaro van.

0 comments: