Monday, December 7, 2009

Super Duper Sunday

I felt like if I was going to go cheesy with the post title, I might as well commit to it, so I threw the "duper" in there for good measure.
Yesterday was the annual Aune Holiday Brunch, which was fantastic once again. Jen and Dale's home was bursting with friends and family talking, laughing, eating (such good food!) playing and wrestling (the kids, the adults held it together). A good time was had by all, and it was only one street away so we walked down and back, however the cold wind made me reconsider our plan. I can't stand when people get in their car to drive one block, but yesterday it was tempting. Our cheeks were nice and rosy (oooh, that makes me think of the song Sleigh Ride. Sorry, the band-geek in me popped up for a second) when we got home.

Shortly after we got home and the kids were starting to grow antsy again, good 'ol Kate called up and invited us up to ease both of our kids' boredom. So I grabbed a couple of half-racks and headed north-east to the Rankin Ranch. I have a really pretty picture of Baker and the Sisters to post *here*, but they are still on my iphone and I'm not getting up to get my iphone right now.
Watched some football, had a few beers, had some great girl-talk, and had some great chili for dinner. If the weather had been 78 degrees outside, it would have been the perfect day!

But it was still a pretty great day. Thanks, friends for making it one!

1 comments:

Kate said...

So glad you came out. Always nice to have you around!