Friday, May 21, 2010

Junior Ski to Sea

The parade from end to beginning (because I really put a lot of thought into how I loaded my photos onto Blogger today...)

Brady after the parade... sometimes being his mom is a very tough job. And that's all I have to say about that right now.

Brady's favorite part of the parade (they even started it up and gave us a close up demonstration, those guys were super nice).

This lovely creature got gussied up for the big event (it's not the half assed effort of cross-dressing, it was more the chain-smoking around children and his nasty rotten teeth, then passing his smoldering cig to the babymama so she could puff away while she held the kid that caught my attention)


Waiting and waiting for the show to start...
This is what's known as a "big V" in the cheer world...


She can see the finish line... YAWN


Gettin a little funky (listening to the marching band in front of us play the opening rif to Blister in the Sun by The Violent Femmmes... middle school appropriate song?)

"YM! clap clap CA! clap clap YMCA! clap clap clap"

This mom belongs on one of those reality shows like Toddlers and Tiaras or something... seriously woman, we live in BELLINGHAM! And this is YMCA cheerleading... "Get up to the front, march on the end of the line, and remember to kick high!" Then everytime the kid would cheer or jump, she'd look back for moms approval. ugh.

Team huddle.


I think I made the same joke last year... "I'll have the junior ski to sea parade..." channelling Tenacious D.

0 comments: