Sunday, September 19, 2010

Dum Dum Da Dum


My cousin Amy got married Saturday. It was a "destination" wedding in Winthrop at the Sun Mountain Lodge (gorgeous place). The nice part about weddings that you have to do some travelling to get to is that it forces you to stop and take a little mini-vacation yourself.

Childcare arrangements prevented us from extending the weekend (by the way a HUGE thank you to Erin...) which I really wish we could have because this place just made you want to relax. Made you want to do nothing but sit on your private deck and sip your coffee while watching the fog roll in... it was nice.

Besides the beautiful ceremony and the joy of watching two people professing their love to each other for the world to hear, it was a weekend of reuniting my cousins and aunts and uncles. Hearing stories for the 10th time about "do you remember the time when..." and hearing new stories about scandalous family secrets and some heartbreaking news that you wish hadn't been kept secret. It was good and healing and fun and a wake-up call to put more effort into nurturing my relationships with my family.


I couldn't go the whole weekend without some paparazzi... but I didn't paparazzi my own family. This time. Her pinky toe starts like 2 inches behind the others! It was creepy. And my apologies for the lack of quality paparazzi shot, but I was handicapped with a camera that only had a 3x zoom...

Most of the Borton girls (minus of course the bride and a few others unable to attend): my cousins Dianna, Mary Jane, Laura, Allison. And me and mom of course.

Me and my super sweet boyfriend... I could gush on here about him for days, but I'll save that for book club ;) (Please ignore my knock-knees... Mike couldn't, but I'm asking you to. Please.)

We couldn't help ourselves... it just screamed "mock me!" And luckily my mom is just as rotten as us and took our photo. Maybe we should have waited until the Sunday service was over, but we had to get back home...

2 comments:

Erin said...

At first glance (and because your camera sucks) I thought you paparazzied (sp?) a lady in heels using a walker. hehe. And just blame those knees on Mikey, he makes you a little weak at the knees (gag gag...)
PS: Thanks for the Canadian drugs- I'm finally starting to recover (that half bottle of wine didn't hurt either). LOVE them Canadians and their good drugs- why are we always chasing them down at the border?

Kate said...

Hey, Dan cleans up pretty nice! Look at that! :)

Glad you had a good time. It's beautiful over there.