Sunday, September 12, 2010

Weekend Warriors


One of the 10 or so obstacles we encountered in the 3.15 miles of mayhem was also the grand entrance to the Warrior Dash. Some of the more memorable obstacles: The Breathless Bog (climbing over floating logs), the Junker Jump (a series of junkyard cars to climb over), Knee High Hell (about 100 feet of tires to hop through football-style), the Warrior Roast (jumping over fire!) and of course the finale: Muddy Mayhem (crawling, sliding and swimming through a giant barbed-wire covered mud pit!)


Kate got photo bombed while showing off her flat abs, buff biceps, and, oh yeah... her muddy armpits!


Kate donating her shoes post-race along with thousands of others for project Green Sneakers.
My super sweet warrior and me... we even scored a couple of "awww's" as we ran most of it holding hands (well until I got too tired to cooperate and play nice).

We saw all these people bathing in this pond on our way into the race and thought "gross. Are the lines for the shower really that bad?" Um, no, the lines weren't bad because there were no showers. This was the communal bathing hole. And yes, we joined the masses. We ain't too proud. But we were too muddy.


Mud. Sweat. Beer.

I'm with McStupid. Er, I mean, I'm standing just to the right of McStupid. :)

Why we really compete: For the love of BEER.

Just wait til you see our costumes we've got planned for next year.


"Dan" and his coffee.

I got caught in my warrior helmet (I didn't think anyone was looking).

2 comments:

Kate said...

Such an awesome weekend! Wish we didn't have to wait a whole year to do it again.

LipGloss Ninja said...

Greetings from Cape Town! Your blog title had me giggling.

Looks like you guys had great fun this weekend.