Sunday, January 9, 2011

4 Wheel Weekend

4 Roller skate wheels, that is. We've been inundated with Roller skating this weekend! It actually started Thursday night when Michael and I got to go to the Jet City Rollergirls scrimmage. We've gone a few times, and have gotten swallowed up into the derby... you hang around long enough they put you to work. So we're NSO's (non-skating official), complete with pink polo shirts, timers and whistles. We mostly like doing the penalty box, because we can still b.s. and watch the match at the same time. But Thursday night we had different duties, which were interesting but I left feeling like I didn't get to really watch any derby.
Saturday was Michael's niece's' 9th birthday party at the Skate Deck. Natalie was in heaven... where else can you dance, sing, and roller skate under a giant disco ball? I have a feeling this is where she wants her party next month (holy crap, she's 6 in a month?!) Makenzie was having a great time until they brought out the inflatable bounce houses (why oh why did they have to have those... it pissed me off) and that became her main goal: to get to the bounce houses (for only an additional $3... after the $6.50 we already paid to SKATE at the SKATE DECK). And B of course got completely overwhelmed by sensory overload, so he took it out on me...
And Saturday night we went to a bout between the Bellingham Roller Betties and Spokane... It was a 99 point victory over Spocompton.
Sunday and Monday bring more derby action...








And a couple extra photos that I never blogged:

Erin and I had 6 kids between us last weekend. After a couple of hours at the children's museum, we stopped at the port to say hi to Michael. He loaded all of the boys into his work truck and we went on a heavy equipment tour. I think he made them all very, very happy.
And at the museum, Erin and I caught our 8 year old boys holding hands... awww. I think they were leading each other around with their eyes closed, but still. They've been buddies before birth, and I love seeing their friendship still going strong 8 years later.

1 comments:

Erin said...

Today, whilst think about Nat turning 6 next month I was also marveling at the fact that she is only turning 6 next month! Man that girl is just so darn tall it's unbelievable she's 5 sometimes. And watching her and Carrot Top together, she's got about 18 inches on him:)