Saturday, January 1, 2011

Hello 2011!

I wanted to start this year off with something we've never done before and I wanted it to be fun and exciting too. Well... driving downtown to Seattle at 11:20 was exciting, as was running from Lake Union to the needle at 11:35!
It was fun to be part of such a big event and it was fun getting to hold my favorite fella's (cold) hand as we counted down to the new year. And that smooch that I'd been waiting for all evening for was perfect; you might even say I saw fireworks (ba-dum ching)!
Here's a little bit of sugary-sweetness: Did you notice our cool '2011' glasses (courtesy of the children's museum)? I'm wearing blue because it's my birthstone and the color of Mike's eyes. And... yup, green is his birthstone and the color of my eyes!
Afterwards we raced back to the car and fought our way out of Seattle and over to Dick's, which is always an interesting place at 1:00 in the morning; but 1:00 in the morning on New Years? Wow.

0 comments: