Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Dinnertime on the Down Low

Around here, the first kid done with dinner is the one who gets to choose dessert. Tonight Boo had a pretty sizable lead since my two spent most of the time trying to make deals ('can I just eat 4 bites?' 'can I eat raw carrots instead of these ones?').
Mike and I were having our dinner and talking when the next thing we hear is Brady proudly asking "May I be excused?" Poor Boo had 2 carrots left on her plate which she practically choked on trying to eat them to be first done as Brady had only one small piece of carrot left on his plate. Surprised at the speed he ate his dinner, I told B he could be done as soon as that carrot was gone to which he dramatically picked up and pretended to pop into his mouth and made a move that was highly suspicious.
I walked over and sure enough, his ENTIRE dinner was crammed into his pocket! Well out it came and back onto his plate it went (oh yes I did) and I added a couple extra carrots for good measure. 2 HOURS LATER the last carrot actually went into his mouth.

Natalie using the tried and true 'plug and gulp' method of eating my cooking (it was a pork chop and brown sugar glazed carrots!)
She was sent to her room 3 times over her theatrics.


2 comments:

Erin said...

No, not YOUR children? Isn't it nice to have big Mike at your back.

Unknown said...

HAHAHAH. That got a good loud laugh out of me. That little wiener! 2 hours indeed! For a moment there I thought Brady had been replaced by a pod person. Doesn't it feel good to have your hard work appreciated? Huggins is on his way to becoming my LEAST favorite person to cook for, while Pearl has always been fond of my cooking, perhaps in relation to Jim's cooking?