Saturday, June 5, 2010

Let the Weekend begin

The week ended on a high note, with Brady's (and Natalie's come September!) school BBQ. I had Erin's kids for the evening (it was interesting picking up 4 children from 4 different locations after work) so the BBQ was my saving grace: dinner and entertainment in a child friendly environment. We had a great time, it was awesome to see so many faces that I used to see so regularly when I wasn't working 40 hours a week.

The week began lousy, I had a whole day off to myself on Memorial day and what did I do? I woke up with a migraine. So that was fun.

Wednesday was the Law Enforcement Torch Run for the Special Olympics. It was only a 2 mile section of the relay that I was to run. I thought "no sweat" since that is something I run that or more several times a week. But I've never run it with a Nationally ranked 15-time finisher Ironman Triathlete!!! And certainly not surrounded my police cars from all over the county with their lights flashing and stopping traffic!! And certainly not while carrying a 15 pound torch! Tracy apparently has photos, and I must look so pathetic that she is sparing me from witnessing them, but that was easily the hardest 2 miles I've ever run. I take that back. The last 2 miles of the Rock and Roll 1/2 marathon were the hardest I'd ever run, but they won't be this year ;) So the Torch Run was the fastest 2 miles I've ever run. And probably Steve Wade's slowest!

"Is this thing occupied?" The kids thoroughly enjoyed the TP Toss.
Picking through the loot after the games.

Me:"I will buy you cotton candy if you let me take a cute picture before you eat it." I think I got scammed.


"Ashi do it"

Aunt Tracy giving Brady a lesson in how we used to roll in the olden days. When not every kid on the street had at least one bike.


Natalie likes to crash so I can rescue her. An excuse for hugs and kisses if you ask me.

Brady called and asked Tracy to dinner, she couldn't resist his invitation :)

0 comments: