Friday, June 18, 2010

My 2nd Grader

Brady made some police lights for his bike. To patrol the neighborhood, perhaps?

When he commits to a theme, he really commits.



Cheers!

Pickin' some dirt out of his ear... because boys get dirt there, too.


Picking him up to have some one-on-one time, a rare treat.

My mom said "just wait, the next time you turn around he'll be graduating high school." I believe her.

I had two terrific days with B, which are rare treats, but it just was a good reminder of the sweet boy inside instead of the smartmouthed, hot tempered, pain in the ass I normally encounter. And when he's good? Oh... he's like a slice of heaven. I want to cry just thinking about it.

I worked extra hours earlier in the week just so I could get off a few hours early on Brady's last day of school. I picked him up and we headed out for a bike ride and a pitstop at Morrie's where we got milkshakes and split an order of fries. We talked about all the fun he had his last day as a first grader and what he hopes we do this summer. We stopped at a park on the way home and played tag and hide-and-seek and raced home. It was a spectacular afternoon.

2 comments:

Kate said...

So glad you had such a nice day with B!

Elizabeth, Jackson and Thomas said...

Sounds like the perfect afternoon! What an awesome mama you are! :)