Thursday, July 29, 2010

Mossyrock

My fella and I took our respective girls on a little camping trip south of Mt. St. Helens. It ended up being a super fun weekend, minus the driving and setting camp up in the dark with tired girls.

Figuring out the food situation needs to be worked on. I'm all for living on beer and peanuts (and beer and rainier cherries. and beer and crab. and beer and homemade beef jerky/pepperoni) but I'm used to planning camp food. As in that's pretty much what camping is: preparing food and cleaning up and preparing to make more food. But the girls didn't seem to mind eating mac and cheese for dinner and powdered sugar donuts for breakfast... I did sneak a banana or two into the weekend, but aside from the cherries (and beer) that's about as nutritious as the weekend got.

I have another, much funnier photo of someone else on the see-saw, but I'll play nice. For now.
I didn't see any Partridges. Weird.

Mount Saint Helens


We spent at least half the weekend here:


At Northwest Trek:


River Otter

Beaver



Eating cherries while waiting for beef (see the sign behind Natalie?)

How I spent my evenings


You don't have to be pretty when your camping, right?

heh-heh. Not exactly a "full moon" rising...

Strawberry waffles and a game of Go-Fish on our last morning.


Home again, home again...

2 comments:

Kate said...

OMG, how FUN! Except for the food. :)

Unknown said...

Oh, you're so damned cute.