Friday, February 11, 2011

One of those days...

Thursday was awesome (minus a bloody nose and fat lip). It was just one of those days where everything is nice and easy and you crawl into bed at the end of the day happy for no particular reason.

I woke up early and enjoyed nearly an hour of reading The Lovely Bones (my book of the month book and I am loving it) and watched the sun rise over the cascades (we have a decent view of them from our home).

The view of the cascades from the Sky-track at the YMCA.

After dropping Pickles off at the vet (so maybe Thursday wasn't as spectacular for him as it was for me) the girls and I headed to the YMCA where they played and played in the giant, sunny room while I headed to the sky-track: a small track that is partially covered on the roof of the Y where I put some miles in (while alternatively running 3 flights of stairs in between miles) since I'm officially training for THE BIG CLIMB! Please click on the link to make a donation to my team or better yet, JOIN my team! It's so rewarding and fun, and there is beer after. It's funny how the promise of beer is the incentive for so many of my races...


Natalie being eaten by the big shark in the play area at the Y.
The girls with their own cards. More crap for me to carry in my wallet, great.

After my great workout, the girls and I had a picnic lunch with Michael down at the marina, which was as wonderful as it was cold. After a productive trip to the library after school we headed home and made a yummy dinner (homemade taco-truck tacos) and enjoyed a quiet evening together before crawling in bed for some... more reading :)

I fell asleep feeling very blessed. And woke up today to a generous donation from Kate's Greek and American Deli for my Big Climb efforts. A big thank you to Kate (and Mike for doing my fundraising for me) :)

SIDE POST:
OH! Brady left early Wednesday morning for California! He and his dad flew down and are driving back up as I type. I talked to him yesterday and it sounds like this surprise trip is just what he needed.

And Boo has the sniffles, and ended up giving herself a bloody nose moments before her mom picked her up (nothing like a small crisis at pickup time).

And Natalie couldn't stop horsing around with a toy shopping cart and eventually popped herself good in the mouth and bloodied her lip pretty good (and of course this was 15 minutes before bed time!)

0 comments: