Sunday, February 27, 2011

Panda-monium

Natalie turned 6. Makes me sad, makes me happy. Natalie hit the nail on the head when she woke up and exclaimed "I'm growing up so fast, mama!" I admit I teared up a couple of times during the day; some tears were for disappointment in other people whose actions I cannot control, and some were tears of happiness for remembering holding Natalie in my arms that first day of her life and being SO thankful for her. She was that big payoff for all the tough stuff in life. She is that payoff every day. I can feel myself wanting to go on a tangent of things I'm not certain I want to post in my blog, and certainly don't want to post on Natalie's birthday post.

My sous-chef was so helpful. He worked a long shift and overtime all weekend but still found time and energy to assemble 24 panda bear cupcakes.

He created a Panda army. The kids devoured them. And someone snuck in the kitchen during the party and beheaded the remaining pandas. Apparently the heads are more delicious than their bodies.

Six.

Natalie got an iTouch.
15 kids. 12 hours of snowfall. Need I say more?
Just Dance on the Wii.
Natalie decompressing after "the best birthday ever!"

1 comments:

Erin said...

Happy Birthday Sweetie Pie! Sorry we missed it, and from the looks of the guest list I bet Brady missed us too :) Love those cupcakes Mikie, what a doll you are!