Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Random bits of life...

This whole family was a walking paparazzi photo, but I gotta keep my pics on the sly so I don't get my ass kicked at Mickey D's... But Black leggings, gold strappy sandals with pink-cartoon socks? She took Northwest Profile #56 to a whole new level. And for a whole lot of time-killing fun, you can find out what Northwest profile you are at http://www.werealotlikeyou.com/ A couple of my fav's are "Goosebumped Beach Bum" and "Cascade Canine Sherpa" but they're all worthy of a chuckle.
The kids and I spent a few hours with my old friend Brenda. She was one of my first "townie" friends when I moved off the island and to the big city. We've survived each other over the last 15+ years and now our girls are building their friendship. Now... Natalie has always been on the upper echelon of the growth charts come check-up time. And Nicole doesn't register on the growth charts. Nicole is 5 months older than Natalie. But her personality sure isn't small!
We woke up to thunder this morning. And snow. And the children rejoiced.

And this picture I had to take for my bestie Jackie. It's been an inside joke since we were kids. All we have to say is "salsa stick" and we're both giggling. But on a side note, you should probably make this salsa. I don't think I will ever buy salsa again, I can't stop eating this stuff. It's from Pioneer Woman's site and you can find it here.
In fact, I'm eating it now. Seriously.

Oh, and I have to brag. My boyfriend is a Millwright. A mechanic. He can fix anything (which comes in handy around here). And he makes stuff too. Like a custom hook ladder for the kids to get onto the trampoline. He's awesome. He's helpful. He's thoughtful. He's tough. He's smart. He's funny. He's friendly. He's handsome. He's just... sigh. He is my happily every after. (Ok, that was a lot of gush over a photo of a rebar-ladder, but I just finding me needing to pinch myself to see if this is really my life now) So Simple. So Happy.

1 comments:

Jen said...

glad to hear life is good!