Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Border to Base

I did it again. I swear these 2.27 miles are as hard as any half-marathon I've ever done. Some of these police officers are actually in shape and not the donut-eating stereotypes of their profession! Last year I ran with a 15+ Ironman competitor (to which I was tasting blood at the end) and this year I ran with a marathoner who was also the top of her class in academy, so she was quite the bad-ass and I was sucking wind in a desperate effort to keep up with her (I did make her carry the torch most of the way ): )
BUT... my little gps thingy said that I ran my fastest mile. So I got that going for me. And I did it. So I got THAT going for me. And I still toughed it out and went to the gym this morning and still worked my rump off at both. So today was a good way to start June. And someone reminded me that it's National Running Day today. Check!

Before: (The kids got to ride along in the RV which they thought was AWESOME. They drove by me waving frantically out the window, it was very cute!) They also thought it was pretty cool that mom had 2 motorcycles and a SUV motorcade... I thought it was pretty cool too ;)

After: The kids got to hang out with Officer Janet (and run rampant in her patrol car) while I got a ride back to my van from the sweet Anacortes Citizen Patrol lady (you know, the retirees that patrol for people who park in handicap spots and who need a safety check while on vacation).

1 comments:

Kate said...

You go girl! You're the best kind of awesome, you know that?

Ironically enough, I ran my fastest mile today too. And I think it broke my legs.