Monday, June 27, 2011

I wanna rock and roll all night...

Or is it more like: I wanna rock until late in the evening, and party until a reasonable hour...


It's hard to find gifts for my sweetie, so when I heard the hottest show on earth was coming to Everett, I thought it would be a fun date night, and at the very least we could claim to have seen Kiss live, never mind that it's 20 years too late!
Now, growing up I was more of a Cure and Nirvana girl, not so much on the glam rock. Of course who doesn't know at least one KISS song though? And I'm actually a huge fan of Gene Simmons reality show Family Jewels.
Long story short: Neither one of us could identify a song until the very last one before the encore. Then it was awesome! But the whole show was the epitome of a Rock show. KISS knows how to get it done!




The local KISS tribute band was outside taking pictures with most of the crowd, and guess where their seats were inside? Yeah, they're pretty cool to get your picture taken with, not so cool to sit behind.


My view of the stage thanks to fake Gene Simmons:


And my view of the back of fake Gene's head:






This peach of a fella smuggled in a half-dozen airline bottles of Black Velvet and began heckling the tribute band to stop taking pictures because KISS wouldn't come out until we sat down. Um, yeah buddy... KISS is waiting on US. Right.



Poor fake Gene's feet were killing him and he finally took a seat to rest so Mike and I photo bombed him. We figured he wouldn't mind since we were the unfortunate souls seated behind him.



The good thing about being stuck behind them? The couple next to us bought us a beer to drown our sorrows. We got to see a couple of good fights, lots of drunk shenanigans, a little bit of a contact high from the fans behind us, and we left deaf. A true rock show through and through.

0 comments: