Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Mommy needs a cocktail.

*Mommy needs a cocktail is a great blog by the way*



It's Tuesday. And Tuesdays have notoriously been my Monday. I can mentally recall numerous unpleasant events and they more-often-than-not happened on a Tuesday.


Tonight's capper came after I was making some croutons for our dinner and they got a little extra 'croutony' (read: burnt). I quietly pulled them from the oven, walked over to the liquor cabinet, and pulled out a bottle of wine. I poured myself a glass and made the rest into Sangria (by the way it's not very good, I wasn't very focused on my recipe, but it goes down just the same).


I don't make it a habit to write about my divorce here, but I feel like I'm going to explode if I don't say something. Yes, it's been 18+ months since my marriage ended; but that doesn't' mean that I'm legally divorced. Oh, no. It's been a long list of inaction, inaccuracies, and incompetencies. And I was dealt another blow today. I worked my ass off to ensure that paperwork was gathered and turned in before the 3 day weekend because I was promised that it would all be turned into the courts that Wednesday. Well, I called today only to find out that absolutely nothing happened after I hung up the phone 12 days ago. My stomach is in knots because I have this overwhelmingly contradictory feeling of wanting to throw up my hands in defeat and balling them up into fists.


So I'm enjoying my 2nd glass of wine on a Tuesday evening.

2 comments:

Kate said...

I'm sorry friend. Is it L? Or the lawyer? Whose ass do I need to kick??

Heather said...

C. All of the above.
We aren't even tangled in any sort of nasty litigation... it's just simply not getting done.
I work my butt off to ensure that my part of the equation isn't what holds up progress, but it's all to no avail.
I NEED closure and resolve and I NEED to be able to 100% move forward. Right now I have one foot solidly planted in the muck that is my past.

I hate not having the control over my own destiny.