Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Books, Dogs, and Mud bogs...

Since we haven't even begun summer yet (yes, it's mid-July) we really haven't had enough adventures to make blogging exciting. A mini-vacation is on the horizon though, so I'm hoping this blog with find some new life from it!


The kids with their latest stash of books for the summer reading program... Brady was feeling generally non-compliant that day and got himself some time in the corner (at the library) and this picture was supposed to be all 3 kids standing together by the bookshelf. Brady refused, so I proceeded to take just the girls picture; that's when he jumped into the frame. Ugh. Is he ever going to outgrow the 'ornery shit' phase? Or is this one going to last right into the 'disgruntled teen' phase?

Katie dog passed away yesterday. I remember picking her out of the litter and bringing her home.

I THOUGHT the Warrior Dash on Saturday was my last mud-run of the year. I was ready to focus on the Bellingham 1/2 marathon at the end of September. Then Jack threw down the gauntlet for the Hell Run on the 1st of October. I would have passed it up, but it's at the same location of the funnest mud-run we've done so far, and you get: a beer (seems to be a given in mud-runs) as well as a medal and a CAPE! I'm hoping for another big group of friends to join us, the mud-runs are more fun when you have friends around you to point-and laugh at you!



Jacquie's leggings... Is mud the new "Jegging"?



Warrior Wounds. I even have a bruise on my boob?!


2 comments:

Kate said...

Sorry about your Katie dog. She was a good girl.

I *want* to do the Hell Run too! Gotta try to figure it out.

Jen said...

Sorry to hear about Katie she was a sweet dog.