Thursday, July 7, 2011

Summer Love

It appears that summer is here every other day. Yesterday was sunny and warm and beautiful. Today, grey and dreary. Is it possible that mother nature has a personality disorder?


We met my friend Danene and her family at a local water park, and she was kind enough to take a photo of me and my kiddos (man I miss having a good camera).

I love them.







I showed my sweetie a picture that I liked of a railroad spike heart (I like simple art that is kind of urban yet gentle... like a railroad spike heart), and the next thing I know, I wake up to find one in the flower bed that he made for me! **Swoon** I love it. And I love him.


And this summer, my mom is up in Alaska falling in love herself! And I'm falling in love with that salmon, YUM! 47 pounds and 48". My mom is 59" (I won't post her weight). But that damn fish is almost as tall as her!




On Facebook, the organizers of the Rock and Roll marathon asked runners what their favorite sign was on the course. Below are a few of my favorite, I wish I had seen all of them!



"Your feet are hurting because you're kicking ass"



"Worst. Parade. Ever."



"It's not sweat; it's your fat cells crying"



"Go random stranger, Go!"



"Don't Poop Out" (sign by the porta potties)




And because it's the gods honest truth:


On a shirt: (front) "1/2 Marathon Mom" (back) "13.1 miles of peace and quiet!"

0 comments: