Monday, October 10, 2011

Hell Run and Love Birds

Man I have a lot of catching up to do! I'm over a week behind in my blogging but I'm trying to get caught up and have been struggling with organizing my feelings over all this positive energy and affirmations and blessings that seem to have been coming my way recently... So in the mean time I'll stick to the easy stuff and blog about what we've been doing which is so much easier to write about versus blogging about what I've been feeling.


On the 1st we ran in the Hell Run. It was on the 'pretty good' of the mud runs we've done over the last year. We slogged through mud, we hurdled walls, we crawled under barbed wire...
... and we lept over fire!
And I froze my tuckus off while waiting for some friends to finish!
You may ask why we do such things? For the free coupon on our bib that entitles us to a couple of cold ones. Who cares that it's 10:30 in the morning and it's 50 degrees and raining? It's beer and it's free! And all those poor souls that paid the entry fee but are not yet 21? Yep, we snatched all their free beer stubs too.
Mikes best friend Rob and his beautiful wife Tracy (Mongo and Morti to the derby world) celebrated their 10th wedding anniversary. Tracy wore her wedding dress all night and they had a Hawaiian theme not unlike their reception all those years ago. I met lots of their friends and family and reunited with some old acquaintances, it was a fun night. I had the pleasure of meeting Paul, a long time friend of Rob's. He lives in Toronto, so the first thing Mike says to Paul is "Heather doesn't like Canadians." Which isn't entirely true. But if you've driven or shopped in Bellingham, you know my plight. But we had a good laugh over it. Or he at least let me off the hook. Paul's mother was given a medication while she was pregnant with Paul which resulted in him being born without limbs. He is a remarkable man. And of course now we're friends on Facebook (along with 3 or 4 more people I met at the party... the inevitable "hey are you on facebook? Me too!")
The lovely couple.
And there's a viral-kinda photo thing on the interweb where people take a photo from many years ago and recreate it. So when Rob and Mike wore the same shirts that they wore 10 years ago, I decided to jump on the bandwagon and make a 'then and now' photo of my own.

0 comments: