Thursday, October 27, 2011

Niner

I just got a ass-chewing from both my boyfriend and best friend about my lackluster blogging lately. And I can count on those two to give it to me straight, so I guess I better shape up. In my defense, blogger hasn't been overly user-friendly lately, and I don't think I've had a comment posted on my blog in months, which is a little discouraging as well. So if you're reading this, let me know! I perform much better with some peer pressure!


Erin and I had planned a triple birthday party at the Lynnwood Parks & Rec pool. They recently renovated it and added a mini-indoor water park and it is awesome! Unfortunately, several kids got ill (including Christian, one of the birthday boys!) and had to miss the party. It was an even bigger shame that our entire guest list couldn't make it when we showed up and discovered we had the whole water park to ourselves! The ones who were able to make it were not disappointed: 2 water slides; a lazy river complete with rapids and a whirlpool; water cannons; a gigantic bucket that fills with water and sends a tidal wave down on top of the kids; a submerged playground for the tots; and a hot tub for the adults (that is still kid friendly).

But before we got wet, we headed down to the port to say hi to Mike and "help" him move a crane. I love that he can expose the kids to these unique experiences, so many places are so rigid in their liability concerns that kids can't get in there and actually put their hands on what interests them. I think that children retain so much more when they are interested and can put what they're learning into real action. Brady can read about and hear Mike talk about all the heavy equipment and get excited, but when he can put his hands on a crane or a forklift, it all clicks. Then consequent conversations and books are so much more relevant to him. Michael's job is so cool!
Daddy's co-pilot.



2 comments:

rebecca said...

I LOVE reading your blog~!!!! Keep the good words and funny pictures coming my friend.

Littlewally said...

Nice job love...I was thinking it was me keeping you from the busy blogger life...I LOVE YOU