Tuesday, September 8, 2009

First Grade

It's midnight and I can't sleep over Brady's big day in the morning. His backpack is prepared, he has a special treat in his lunch sack, his awesome hot pink-skateboarding-flaming-t-rex shirt is laid out and he got to bed early.
Now if I could get some sleep!
We took the kids out to Lake Padden today. B and I rode around the lake on our bikes (he didn't have to walk up one hill this time! Neither did I!!) while Natalie and Lar practiced riding her bike without training wheels (not successful). Then I took off before anyone could stop me and half-ran around the lake again. I haven't been feeling top-notch, so the second time around was not so successful. And I wasn't wearing the proper ummm....supportive garment. Gravity is cruel enough on it's own, I don't need to exasperate the problem!
We had some dinner and took the kids to see "SHORTS", the movie about the rainbow wishing rock. Perfect for a almost 7 year old boy. Very cute. Then home to roast marshmallows on the BBQ, baths, and bed!
Stay tuned for photos of Brady's first day!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Aiden's first day outfit will involve a skull of some sart. I'm hoping for the cuter version...we'll see. See you in class today. Wild our boys will be in the same classroom!

Kate said...

Hope he has a fantastic day! (And that you finally got some sleep!)

the Provident Woman said...

How exciting!

http://theprovidentwoman.com