Thursday, September 24, 2009

Sailing, Sailing, over the bounding main...

Well, Bellingham Bay. Larry picked up Brady today after school and took him sailing on a friends "new" sailboat. I was very nervous about the whole idea but knew Brady would have a blast as long as he stayed warm and afloat! Right about here is where I would post a picture of their adventure, but Larry forgot the camera in the truck so we will have just have to visualize their fun. Apparently Brady was a bit nervous, but quickly overcame his nerves and enjoyed himself quite a bit. So for bringing my son and husband home safe and dry, I made and super yummy Chicken stirfry for dinner for Ken who is inhaling it as I type!

Larry and I had a day of together and so we got to spend the day with just Natalie. It's nice to have an afternoon with just one child and I think they feel the same way about getting mom and dad to themselves. We ran all over town going to Yeagers for a life jacket, REI for random stuff, lunch at Diego's (it was our first time there and I have to scold myself for missing 13 years of deliciousness!), down to Boulevard park to have a coffee and maintain our Geocache, then home where Natalie and I snuggled and watched Madagascar 2. It was a very nice day.




Larry holding "It's Tin, Man!" The name of our cache is in reference to the large tin-sledge deposit (hidden by Larry) that looks like a giant rock sticking out of the bay.
Natalie wearing the vest my mom made for me when I was a little girl. I love the rickrack sun rays!
The wind soured Natalie's mood, so we revived her inside Woods coffee.

A before-school snuggle and wrestle match.

1 comments:

Jen said...

where's Diego's?