Saturday, September 12, 2009

Peaceful morning


At 8:30 I was supposed to be running in the Bellingham Bay 15k. But then I got this job thing, and I didn't think it would be too wise to request my 2nd day of work off.
Larry's mom took the kids last night and there wasn't much time last night to savor the peace (I got home an hour before the kids normally go to bed) but this morning was so... quiet. It made it very hard to leave the silence and go to work, knowing that it would all be over by the time I arrived home this evening. Ah, well.
We finally took part in the Greek Festival in town, basically food, food, and nothing but food. And some piped in music. But we certainly enjoyed the food! And my paparazzi hand wasn't quick enough to snap a photo of this man sitting in front of us; he had the biggest noggin I've ever seen! He was wearing a baseball cap and the back seam was split from trying to stretch over this guys head! Reminds me of one of my favorite movies So I Married An Axe Murderer.
Natalie had insisted that she didn't like her kabob. But changed her mind once her dad tried to help her eat it!
My schweet photography skillz: that's Brady leaping of the stairs.
And I have to say, working at a bank that is inside of a grocery store doesn't disappoint in the people-watching department. Someone makes me silently snicker everyday. God I love the general public.
This handsome fella kept "trolling" in front of my car.

These cool old planes were buzzing around today.



P.S. I just looked up "my" finish time for the 15K today (my good friend Roxie, who just happened to have also finished her first half-ironman triathlon used my bib #) was a very impressive 1:28:40. I think that's a personal best for me! (in my dreams!)

2 comments:

Erin said...

Thank you for explaining the obnoxious buzzing overhead during naptime today. This is the first time I've ever been irritated by the airport next door.

rebecca said...

love, love, love the sunset picture!