Saturday, January 30, 2010

Jumping Jingle Cats

I dunno, that was the first title I could think of for this post... it's lame, I'm aware of that. Tonight after I got back from taking the kids to the Jump Around Fun Zone (one of the most confusing names... I end up calling it "the Jump zone" and the kids call it "the fun zone" and either way we have to explain that we're going to the place that has all the indoor bouncy houses). The kids were spinning like whirling dervishes so I dropped mom off at home and picked up a hot and ready (gag) and took the kids to go bounce out their wiggles. The place was packed. And I did notice that it's about 80% boys in there, I'm not the only one with a boy who needs a physical outlet, and sure enough soon he was red faced and sweaty.


No, he's not choking her again, it just looks like that way. And lets be honest, he might be thinking about it...

See? Red faced and sweaty... and happy.


These people asked if they could sit with me, to which of course I agreed to happily. Until this. They plunked down EVERYTHING like 2 inches from my face (I HAD my book on the table reading, but you see there is no room for that anymore). Hello, rudeness! They even had their kids skanky shoes on the table! They left soon after, maybe they saw me snap this picture of their pile of crap...
Natalie performed some impressive stunts on the big slide...

Mom and I were treated to a little evening entertainment by Natalie and B too... she brought out her keyboard and the kids found Jingle Bells that auto-plays. Here comes the Jingle Cats title tie-in: The kids made us tickets, led us to our seats, turned off all the lights (minus a flashlight) and started the music. Natalie meowed the words to Jingle Bells, while Brady put on a fantastic light show with the flashlight. Then it was Brady's turn to meow the lyrics while Natalie ran circles around us with the flashlight. Mom and I sat through about 30 minutes of this production. And we both sat and enjoyed it why? Because they weren't fighting for the first time today, and that was worth the price of admission!

1 comments:

Jen said...

it's so sweet when your kids can actually play nice together !