Sunday, January 10, 2010

Vintage Overheard...

My computer crashed this summer but luckily I had printed up all the "Overheards" that I removed from my blog and put into Word (that are now gone forever). So I thought I should put them BACK on here for safe keeping, because clearly I (or my computer) can't be trusted.

June 29, 2008
N: Mom, what is this bears name?
H: Well, it's shirt says 'Angel', that must be it.
N: No, I think the bears name is Freak!

July 1, 2008
(eating Chicken for dinner)
B: Nad, what does that taste like?
N: (looks at chicken) Uh... it tastes like chicken.
B: Ohhhhhh.

July 8, 2008
(I was zerberting Natalie's tummy, especially her belly button)
N: Mom, don't buzz my button anymore!

July 11,2008
(We ran out of toilet paper while Natalie was doing her business)
N: Mom! I need more poo paper!

July 16, 2008
(After a bottle of wine)
Rach: How can you tell my eyes are bloodshot, my eyes are only half open!

July 21, 2008
Natalie's newest (mis)pronunciation: BlueBlerries

July 23, 2008
(Brady and Aiden are discussing their favorite colors)
B: My favorite colors are the ones on the American Flag! (Patriotic or Red-Neck? I'll go with Patriotic since he didn't say it with a twang.)

July 29, 2008
(On the way home from the pool, Natalie has her bear tucked under her pajamas, I ask her why)
N: It's raining lots, Mom. I don't want Chocolate to get Soapin' Wet (soaking wet)

July 30, 2008
(I dropped something on the floor in the kitchen, creating a mess to which I said "Crap!")
N: Damnit! Mama, I say Damnit!

August 15, 2008
(Watching a cartoon with Brady)
B: I need a zip line.
H: Yeah, those look like a lot of fun.
B: Yeah, I would need it to zip down to Aiden's house.
H: Mmmm-Hmmm.
B: And to zip over to Costco.

September 2, 2008
(At Red Robin for dinner)
H: Nat, what do you want for dinner?
N: Mac and a Roni!

September 4, 2008
N: I love Josh, he's my sweetheart. (we were talking about him watching her that night so that Tracy and I could go out to dinner)

September 10, 2008
(Brady is at Grandma Sue's, she is clearing out some space for him to play/relax)
B: Grandma, you need to have another garage sale and get rid of some more of your crap.

September 14, 2008
(I was getting Natalie dressed this morning and I pulled out her Wizard of Oz t-shirt and asked her if she wanted to wear it.)
N: Yes, I want to wear my Lizard and the Boz shirt!

September 17, 2008
(I whispered to Brady to tell his dad "Happy Birthday, old fart!")
B: Happy Birthday, you gold fart!

September 29, 2008
(I was telling Natalie that she could change her shirt for our bike ride, as she might get cold)
N: Nevermind, MOM (you know, in a tone)
H: But we'll be in the shade, you might get chilly.
N: I sa-id, Nevermind, MOM!
(The tude has arrived. 'Nevermind' is 3 year old talk for shutup and buzz off)

October 2, 2008
Since the theme from Indiana Jones is very popular in my house right now, everyone seems to be humming it from time to time. Tonight Natalie was singing it, but instead of singing "Dum da dum dumm" she was singing "Mom ma mom moommm, mom ma moommm"

November 12, 2008
(Natalie was eating some green Jell-O on the way to school and Brady thought it was disgusting)
N: Don't tell your friends I'm eating green slime!
B: Yes I am telling!
N: Ok, good boy. Have a good day!

November 21, 2008
(Natalie was snuggling on my lap and kept looking up at me)
N: Mom, you have a mipple on your chin!
H: A WHAT?!
N: (shyly) a, a, a, mimple?
H: Oh, yes, I have a pimple on my chin.

November 25, 2008
(After picking up Brady from school, he's in the far back seat so I can't hear him clearly, but I can see him making himself go cross-eyed by tapping his finger to his nose)
B: Mom, I know what plus, plus, three is!
H: Oh, yeah? What?
B: (tapping his nose with 3 fingers from each hand) Six!

December 15, 2008
(Natalie was giving me plenty of attitude and I told her I was about done with hearing it)
N: Ok mom, I'm almost done with my attitude!

2 comments:

Erin said...

That would be heartbreaking. I'm so glad you printed them out!

Jen said...

I made a scrapbook page with Aiden's quotes printed out and I think Amelia has amassed enough of a collection to do the same. Sometimes I feel like the safest place to put stuff is on my blog. After losing all my pictures and trying to keep back of the momento stuff in order.