Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Radish

Natalie and I got stood up today at lunch (didn't help that my phone's battery was dead) so after we had a delicious meal at Little Cheerful, Natalie asked if we could go to Hohl's and look at the critters (something we do regularly when downtown).

We walk in and there in a giant cage is a lonely Guinea Pig with a sign that says "$29.99 Guinea Pig and cage" His cage was a $90 cage plus all his little accessories (someone loved him once) and he put his little paw up on the cage and looked at me with his eyes and I was done. I took him out and he snuggled right into my arms. Natalie named him "Radish" and he was ours.

Brady is on cloud 9 to meet our new friend and has been bragging "he was only thirty dollars!" and even the phone call to Larry (which I made the kids make) was without event. I married a man who can't say no to a critter.

I've got to do some more snuggling...


I love Guinea Pig lips.

This was the look, plus his little paw reaching out to me.

Welcome home, little buddy.

8 comments:

Erin said...

WHY would you sign up for another critter that poops inside your house? Okay, I give ya that he's cute, but still...poop!

Erin said...

Oh wait, 30 bucks ya say? Yeah, a deal like that makes the little turdlets a bit less of a turn off. You know how I love a deal, and that's a DEAL!

Heather said...

He's the only critter that poops IN our house, and at least they are little turds that are enclosed in a cage. I have to say I would have resisted him had he not been so cheap!

Kate said...

Oh Radish. I was hoping it was a bunny. But I suppose he's cute. For a rat. :)

rebecca said...

He is so cute!!!!

Erin said...

Ooh a rat! Heather has a rat that poops in the house, while she send her cats out to the garage to poop. Love it!
(Sorry, got poop on the brain because my boss just told me a new package design I did looks like a pile of deer poop)

Jen said...

Sorry I will no longer to visit your house. I have a huge rodent phobia.

Heather said...

I had that sudden fear Jen, I thought you might feel that way. But maybe Radish can be your immersion therapy?