Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Semi-Ah-Moo and Massive Frustration

Last night we headed up north to deliver a fountain my mother-in-law had shipped to our house (it's very nice!) and to do a quick inspection of the house while they're gone for the winter (goal of mine: to become a snowbird).
We got up there just at dusk and ran down to the spit to let the kids run off some energy and fool around with the camera. We saw the resident bald eagle (he is huge) hanging out on his favorite snag. We also saw a giant Loon chilling in the bay (he was camera shy). They have a new sewer treatment plant or something down there and it stinks to high-heaven. I did the classic "Brady, did you do that?!" to which Natalie eagerly replied "NO! It was me!!!" She takes great pride in claiming anything stinky. Strange girl, don't you know you're supposed to blame it on the dog?

As we left the spit, Brady asked "What is that big orange thing behind us?"
The old boat.

A boy and his dog, it's a wonderful thing.

Katie's shoot. You can find her entire portfolio at www.fordlabmodeling.wuf

Gross, Larry was climbing around in it!

An old boat, duh.

The water tower that Brady says that Grandma told them the fish used to shoot up into. His facts may be a little off.
The Cannery building. It smells like an old potato shed I used to play in when we lived in Shafter, CA.

***And in new (OK, old) frustrating news: I apparently have babysitter repellent children. I cannot find a babysitter to save my damn life. And then when I found one for Fridays, Larry's days off change from week to week and his start times change from 12:30 one day to 3:00 the next. How the EFF am I supposed to work with this?! So who wants to work for someone who basically wants to pay them min. wage but also needs them at their beck and call? Nobody, that's who. And then who wants to watch children all day on Saturday? Nobody, that's who. I am thankful that Larry (and I) have stable jobs, but I am so sick of the retail life right now I could just barf. And that concludes my rant, unless you call me, then you might get a whole 'nother ear full. You have been warned.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I love Semiahmoo but it is a little stinky at times. What about a high schooler for Saturdays? Not that I know any but maybe someone in the neighbprhood. Teens are willing to give up days instead of nights.

Heather said...

You'd think as high-end as Semiahmoo is their S--- wouldn't stink!
I put an ad in Craigslist and have a few leads with college students... and you gotta love fb for being able to put a face to the resume!