Saturday, November 28, 2009

A week went by...

I can't believe I haven't posted in a week! My camera was MIA for most of it so the only pictures I have to offer are from Ashenafi's adoption party. The camera has returned, so maybe the kids and I will find some fun mischief to get into on Sunday to post about.

Part of the reason I haven't posted is because I got an iphone this week, and it has occupied my time. I {heart} my new gadget. I can now go running (which I did on Thanksgiving) and with my one device I no longer need my camera, ipod, phone, and soon my pedometer if/when I get the nike chip for Christmas. So my race times should greatly improve now that I don't have all that bulk in my possession. Speaking of race times, I'm doing the Jingle Bell Run next Saturday (the 12th, I think) and have also started training to do the Big Climb in March. More on that later.

And on a side note, and I don't want any comments about this next statement but I need to put it in writing for my own encouragement: I am officially 30 pounds lighter than I was when I completed the Rock and Roll 1/2 Marathon. I can't physically tell that I am, but that's what the scale is telling me, so I'm telling it to myself in writing now: What you are doing is working. You are worth the effort. Honor the body you were given by making it healthy. End of lecture and sappy bullshit.

Thanksgiving around here was pretty quiet: parades, football, fried turkey and some exercise (it was so beautiful out that I got a run and some stairs in, and Larry got a good bike ride in). And today I scrapbooked and got most of my Christmas cards done, now just need to work on a photo. Whole family or just kids? You know my vote, but we'll see what happens.

I have no promises about my posting diligence for next week: I work everyday except Wednesday, so I don't think my life will be so exciting that will require blogging. Unless I get a good weirdo at my station that day or something. And if I do, you'll be the first to know!




Please ignore my dorky 7 year old and enjoy the art that we made at Erin's baby shower (I can't remember which one I did. The "A"? The "love"? I wish I could remember!) Erin is going to fill the blank spaces with photos of Ashi. Won't that be beautiful? Thank you to Elizabeth for helping us all create this!
Natalie getting a taste of having a little brother "I want your pink hat!"

The boy of the hour.

Ashi stole Natalie's glittery Uggs. I think he can pull them off, don't you?


P.S. To all you Sneaky Snakes out there: sneak emailing me does not qualify as "not leaving a comment below". Leave it to my friends to find a loop hole to offer me praise. I wasn't seeking it, but thank you for it. I'm thankful to have found a circle of friends that love and support me. But you're still Sneaky Snakes.

3 comments:

Kate said...

I tried to comment last night and tell you that you're CRAZY - take all the comments and compliments you can get. 30lbs is an AMAZING accomplishment and it wasn't just handed to you. You worked it off with sweat. BE PROUD!! Because I am.

Rock on sistah!

amy and mighty max said...

This post update cracked me up because I too was just going to email you thinking that would be ok...but apparently others "those darn sneaky snakes!" thought the same. :) You crack me up my friend!

Amy

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! That is fantastic. And have fun at the jingle bell run. I ran that race back in the day. Now I smoke too much to breath even walking up the stairs to my apartment. I wouldn't even think about running a road race right now. You should feel proud of yourself my friend!