Friday, November 20, 2009

The UPS man commeth




I always get a little excited when the UPS van circles my cul-de-sac. I know I haven't purchased anything, but maybe, just maybe he has a surprise for me. This week he brought gifts.


MIL shipped the kids' xmas gifts up here, she's on top of her holiday shopping. She also gets Natalie an Aflac duck every year (Natalie invests in Aflac) and her new duck arrived a few days ago. I asked her if I can take it to work tomorrow. She hesitated, but gave me permission.


And... what's this? A box addressed to me that isn't toy shaped? I emailed MIL and got permission to open it. She and Cameron got me a new snowglobe for my xmas globe collection. So thoughtful! It's so sweet, it plays one of my favorite Christmas songs (of course I'm a sucker for Christmas songs, so it's hard to pick a true fav) "Up on the Housetop".


I only collect two things: Snowglobes (christmassy ones) and Swarovski Snowflakes. I hate collecting otherwise. But these two collections come out for a month, then they go away again. I'm not a knick-knack kinda girl, and collecting seems to attract knick-knacks. So there's a little tid bit about me for ya. Now go enjoy your day!

2 comments:

Kate said...

Love the snowglobe! I hear ya about collecting...seems like a good idea but who needs more clutter?

Erin said...

Eeeew, the UPS man cometh, and he got it on you!