Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Batfire

My daughter has several speech idiosyncrasies. She even creates new ones while you're trying to correct the old one. I'll give you an example: My mother-in-law took the kids to Hovander Homestead where they have Peacocks that roam the grounds. Natalie CANNOT pronounce Mohawk or Peacock for some reason, she says "Heehawk". So MIL was trying to break down Peacock for Natalie. "Say Pea" "Pea". "Say Cock" "COCK!" she would shout which does nothing for keeping your composure while trying to teach a child. Inevitably, Natalie would come to the part where she put the two words together and shout "HEECOCK!" MIL threw her hands up in amused frustration and told Natalie that she's hopeless. Now Natalie walks around proudly stating that she is "Hope-uh-less". It's hope-uh-less to change you Natalie!


On to Batfire... Brady desperately wanted vampire fangs to put in his goody bags at his birthday. We had a couple of pairs left over so my kids have been playing with them. Last night Natalie came out to scare me with her teeth.

Natalie: "Mom, I'm going to put in my batfire teeth and you say 'how come you wearing those silly teeth?' Then I'm going to say 'they aren't silly teeth, they my real teeth cuz I a BATFIRE!' and then you gonna say 'oooohhhh' and I'ma gonna bite you! OK mama?" We rehearsed her script several times last night and this morning. It was even funnier this morning with Natalie's bedhead.



(please excuse the poor focus on these photos, Larry had it on the Portrait setting for some reason and she kept jumping at me just as I'd snap the photo! But I think her spirit is still captured!)






2 comments:

Jen said...

those are the funniest pictures I've seen in a long time!

amy and mighty max said...

OMG! Too stinkin' funny! Love that girl! :)