Saturday, October 10, 2009

Stoney Ridge

Something I've never seen before: a skittish goat.


Big love from Little Miss.

Natalie, me, and Brady's arm (the blue thing in the left corner).


Brady loved hand feeding the ducks. It freaked me out a bit.


My children have such natural smiles!

I think this is our Christmas Card photo.

Every year I forget that Stoney Ridge Farm doesn't take plastic. I didn't even have enough cash for entrance (and bought a new wallet that doesn't hold my checkbook) but the man waved us in anyhow. But this also meant that there would be no lunch, no tractor ride, no pumpkin or apple purchasing...but there was lots of other things we could enjoy without spending. We wandered around and looked at all the animals. I even dug out 2 quarters so that the kids could purchase a handful of feed to give to the goats and ducks.
After the farm we met Tracy at the market (ho-hum) and then she took me to "1993's" house. 1993 is a jewelry artist, and I have received many wonderful gifts from Tracy that were created by her. Today I got to pick out my belated birthday gift, these really nice dangly earrings (it was a tough choice between my 3 fav's). I'm wearing them now and even showed them off tonight when the kids and I met up with Shu and her family for a quick visit. They are in town for just a moment so I was glad to get to see her face. And she loaded the kids down with candy and glow sticks (she justified this action under the "Auntie" clause.)
Tomorrow I'll be baking up a storm in preparation for the Food Drive kickoff Monday! If you're close, please consider making a donation either drop it off here (or I could come pick it up) or take it to the FRED MEYER ICU or the STATE ST ICU (there is a hot competition between branches. The prize? A paid day off!!! FM and State are teamed up together against the bigger branches.) I hope my baked goodies help us pull ahead in the competition.

The car wash last weekend raised $255 in 3 hours! That's Brady there about to scrub down a real-life bucket truck. He was in heaven.
We both aren't looking as pretty as possible, but regardless it was nice to see her.

2 comments:

Stefanie said...

I'll bring you some food! What day works best? I could just leave it at your door.:)

Heather said...

I'm at work on M and F, at the Fairhaven Haggen on T and TH from 3-7, or you could just leave it on my porch! Thank you!!!