Sunday, October 4, 2009

Week Wizzed By

I know I don't have a lot of room to complain when I only work twenty-some hours a week, but it seems like this past week was the one that wouldn't stop!
MON: Work
TUE: I don't even remember Tuesday oh wait, it was Open House that night at B's school.
WED: Brady's 7th birthday party ('nuf said)
THUR: Work. Come home with mild headache.
THUR night until FRI at 9:15am: No sleep and constant vomiting from now raging migraine (nothing is like barfing as you walk out the door to take your daughter to school).
FRI: Forgot that I had volunteered at Natalie's class this day and dropped her off with the intent of bagging out until I looked into the desperate teachers eyes. So I made bubble art with 12 4 year olds on zero sleep, zero food, zero coffee, zero pain meds...
SAT: Work. Power went out and crashed all the computers (when our line was already spilling out of the lobby. Came home and canned Apple pie filling and decompressed with Erin and Jen while we let our children play mostly unsupervised.
SUN: Natalie off to a birthday party while Brady and I went to Fairhaven to wash cars to raise money for the Food Bank. I figured he'd enjoy the mess as well as get a lesson in volunteerism. He gave me a proud "harumph" when I told him that he helped raise over $200 for the food bank today. (I will post pic later)
Went to Target, came home and made Apple Butter (it was supposed to be more applesauce but my apples cooked too long.) Made dinner (Chicken stir-fry), and watched AFV with the kids before story and bedtime.
And what's in store for tomorrow? WORK!

3 comments:

Kate said...

I hear ya. The days just won't slow down! And now the weather is turning on us. Hrrrumph.

Jen said...

It definitely feels like the days are getting busier! I remember when Aiden was a baby and more days than not I didn't even get out of my pj's.

Erin said...

I'm with Jen. I miss my PJs!