Saturday, October 24, 2009

Live from Colorado!

I arrived yesterday afternoon in Denver after a very long and stressful travelling day, ugh. I was 2 minutes late to check into my flight and so they gave my seat away, which meant I wouldn't make my connecting flight... long story short I arrived in Denver 5 hours late.
Jackie's family is so nice and gracious, and it's so good to see her face again. She and I have known each other since elementary school, but have been best friends since the 7th grade.
Today I wandered the streets of downtown Denver, stopping for an occasional coffee and a mani/pedi. Then I wandered down to find some dinner and found myself in the middle of Zombie Fest, complete with a Ghostbusters car and 3 Ghostbusters! Pictures of that to come!
I had P.F. Changs for dinner (yum-0-licious) and plan a long soak in the tub before bed. It's been so nice to have a day where I just did as I pleased. So very nice.
Tomorrow we're off to Estes Park and The Stanley Hotel (the hotel from The Shining). I am super excited for that!

1 comments:

Jen said...

Glad you made it! Sounds blissful to have a day to yourself.