Friday, October 2, 2009

Brady's Birthday



Please excuse the randomness of the order the photos are in, sometimes Blogger and I don't see eye to eye.
Brady turned 7 on Wednesday. I am amazed at how fast time goes when you have children. I was teasing him the night before while we were at the grocery store that it was just yesterday that I put him in those baby seats on the grocery cart. I asked him if we would humor me and climb in one for old times sake, but for some reason he declined.
At first he wanted to have a "Tony Hawk Boom-Boom Huck Jam" themed party. I tried to steer him away from this idea because a. most of his friends had this theme and b. I don't think he really knows who Tony Hawk is. Then he decided on a "Camo" party. Now that I can do! And I thought the whole camo idea tied in well with his rock wall climbing party (very Army Ranger, don't you think?)

Natalie was only happy on the rock wall when she was in daddy's arms and close to the ground.
Brady on his descent (while Riley in the background continued her ascent).

The gang listening to the guides instructions: "On Belay?" "Belay on", etc.


Brady received so many awesome gifts!


The story behind this bike: Grandpa Cameron acquired it from the original owner (a man in his 40's) who handed it down to his nephew who was now to old for it. He knew Cameron had a grandson that might enjoy it. Brady instantly fell in love with this 30 year old BMX Mongoose. It was blue with spots of rust, and it weighs a ton! But Brady loves it more than he loves his brand new Trek bike we bought him last spring. Go figure!
We knew we had to do something about the rust on the bike, so Larry decided for Brady's birthday, he'd overhaul the bike for him. Many hours of sanding and painting later, Brady's 30 year old bike is in it's prime! We also added foot pegs and skull&crossbone innertube caps (per Natalie's suggestion).



0 comments: