Saturday, March 27, 2010

Big Boy Shining

Brady's front teeth are beginning to take over his face. I mean, everyone has to go through this phase of life, but it still doesn't make any of us look less goofy. And he's only losing more teeth!
We went and saw Diary of a Wimpy Kid today... if you have a 7 year old boy I highly recommend it, it was right up his (and Natalie as a little sister to a 7 year old boy, she has the refined appreciation of boogers and various toilet talk) alley.
After dinner (Brady called my mom and invited her over, so cute) we walked over to the park to play a little bit in the dark, and explore the freshly delivered pile of mulch. Because who can resist a pile of wood chips to jump around on? Brady chased Natalie and I home and just as we got back to the house I found myself giggling like a goofball because Brady was hot on my heels and knew I was in for it if he caught me!


Oh, and not only was I painfully aware that Brady's stubborn streak is the "next generation" of mine (4G?), I also knew that he had a keen memory. But today I got some insight that his memory also rivals mine. We were talking about what theatre the movie was playing at and I told him where and he asked "the one by the Starbucks where we meet Aunt Tracy?" and I said "no", and he said "well, that's the one we saw Indiana Jones at." Yeah. We did see it there. Two years ago. But that's just a little nugget of stuff he remembers. No wonder we butt heads so much.

And now I miss his Indiana Jones phase... it was so cute. ***sigh***

1 comments:

Erin said...

That explains the strange flashes of light out the back window. Like we don't have enough wierdos wondering around over there every night?