Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Random thoughts...

*I L-O-V-E mochas from Avellino. And I think the barista Matt thinks I'm cute, I caught him today shecking me out. 3 times. Maybe that's why my coffee was a little sub-par today. But I'll accept a less-than-fabulous mocha for a little ego-boost. What can I say, I'm a sorry sack.

*I just made an appointment for something crazy. I may or may not divulge more information publicly, I'll know more tomorrow.

*So far at work I'm at 100% in accuracy and only 4 items away from my weekly quota (and it's not even Wednesday)... And it's our first week of working "live" (working with actual members and not just scenarios).

*Why is Railroad Ave so skeezy, but it has all of the good stuff Bellingham has to offer? Avellino, Mallards, Little Cheerful, Fiamma Burger, The Bagelry (mmmm. Bialy with feta-garlic-dill cream cheese. so stinky. so good), A potato burrito from Casa Que Pasa, Hohls Feed and Seed (where I found Radish), Clark's (fish), the FARMERS MARKET (which starts up in just a few weeks!!!). I bet I could also find a great prostitute and a nice meth dealer too if I hung around long enough....

*Wondering if I should email Whidbey's coffee about my track record with quality coffee from the Burlington location. The girls are uber-sweet there, but the coffee? It's about 50-50 drinkable or down-the-drain gross. And that kind of quality ratio just doesn't cut it with me at $4 a pop. I mean when I would rather pour out a skanky mocha and drink Regence coffee... but I hate complaining about a company so near and dear to me. But I want to give them my business, but I also want to be able to drink my coffee. What's a girl to do?

*The Big Climb is in 12 days. I didn't get my pictures scanned in time so there will be no photo of my dad on the stairwell for me, which may or may not be a good thing. But there will be one of him on me somewhere, and his fight is in me. And I'm super excited, but super nervous. I'm training, but IT'S 69 FLOORS! 1311 STEPS! And me doing them outside where I get to go down every 100 steps or me climbing 1600+ on a stairmaster does not equal 1311 steps in a stairwell with no ventilation. And crammed with people. And none of that even factors in my competitive nature and inability to control my mouth.

3 comments:

rebecca said...

two comments; ask him out and tell us what your appointment is; you are killing me.
BTW: way to go on the job!

Kate said...

1. You ARE cute. I don't run with ugly chicks.
2. You better be emailing me right now what that cryptic appt is all about.
3. Good job on the job. Not a surprise.
4. Mmmm...feta garlic dill cream cheese...7, 7, 7 (ala Monica)!
5. You totally should email Whidbey's. I'm sure they'd appreciate the input as they'd rather not lose customers in such a competitive coffee market. And you may just get free coffee out of it.
6. Dude. You're totally gonna kick ass on the Climb. Wish I were gonna be there to see it happen. :)

Heather said...

I've decided not to publicly divulge...
And Rebecca: just because HE maybe thinks I'm cute does NOT mean I think the same. I mean he has a nose ring. Uh, No.