Sunday, March 7, 2010

Moves

So, maybe you noticed that my blogging has kind of gone by the wayside... I'll catch you all up on some (only some) of what's been going on in my life in 2010.

I moved. To be more clear, I moved out. I don't want to put the details of how and why here, but as difficult as the decision was, it was the right decision.


I also started a new job the same week that I moved. I haven't worked full time since I was pregnant with Brady, so besides learning a new job, I had to learn how to adjust my life and my children's lives to mommy being gone 40 hours a week. Everything in my life is a juggle right now, and I'm just now keeping the balls in the air.

And that's the just, but certainly just the tip of the iceberg...


I also plan on moving this blog... I'm scared to, I don't want to lose the 2+ years of posts... so I am just going to stop posting here and start posting on a new url, same everything else. Does that make sense? So when that happens, I'll let ya know.

So what else is happening? Well, the Big Climb is in exactly 2 WEEKS. Yikes. I'll be ramping up the workouts this week for that. I signed up for the Rock and Roll 1/2 marathon, super excited for that again... The Roller Betties have their opening bout next weekend, went to a Jet City derby bout last month, that was fun but Snohomish county crowds can't compete with Bham. There were lots of mullets and acid wash in Edmonds, but they were a subdued bunch. Tracy, are we season ticket holders again this year? Or take our chances at you winning them again this year?

Some grinch told me there was snow in the forecast. Um, that is not ok with me. The cherry blossoms agree with me. I don't think snow is necessary. Not at sea level anyway. I'm fine with snow if I've driven towards it. Otherwise, no thank-you.

And now for the iphone photo roundup:


Thank you to the jerk who decided to commit suicide by stepping out in front of a tour bus the day the Olympics had their closing ceremonies, closing I-5 for hours...
Jungle Playland with Kate and her kiddos... and nice way to spend the afternoon.

Well, I would delete this and select a different, more in focus shot of Natalie enjoying (just a little) her birthday sundae at Red Robin... but it's too much effort for me right now.



And more birthday ice cream... this time at Mallards.

Oh, and while I haven't been blogging, my girl turned 5. What a milestone.


Brady, in a rare moment of thoughtfulness, created a replica of the Columbia tower for me when I was feeling down. Gave me a little inspiration, and certainly made me smile.

Um. What can I say? They were entertained for an hour? It's just cardboard? I supervised them the whole time? Erin threw her kids in there too? Nah, nothing I say will change the fact that I let my kids play in the dumpster.

Parents like me are apparently the reason why signs like this exist in the world...

My spices have a new home...

1 comments:

Kate said...

Nice to hear from you. :) Let me know when you changes blogging spaces. And did you know you can "lock" it, where only people who have permission can read it? :)