Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter.

Being that we're not a spiritual family, most holidays are just reasons to get together, reconnect, create magic for the children, and eat.
This year was new, different. But it worked pretty well. And I hadn't planned on making a big dinner or anything because I was going to be the only one who would eat it. The Brady invited Grandma over, which was super sweet and she is always welcome anytime. And I now had an excuse to cook!
And I have to say... I hooked the two of us UP. The menu:
*Rosemary chicken
*Baby red mashed potatoes with roasted garlic (and a pinch of Parmesan)
*Sauteed Asparagus (that was so tiny and sweet!)
*Salad with homemade Roquefort salad dressing (I'm telling ya...)
*Strawberry shortcake with real whipped cream (there wasn't room for this... we were stuffed)
*Oh, and 2 glasses of cheap red wine. Because I am my mothers daughter.

Pictures tomorrow, I'm pooped tonight. The kids decided to stay up late trying to trap the Easter bunny, which meant I got to stay up late reading waiting for them to succumb to slumber. Then they came bouncing onto my bed with baskets in hand at 6:55 a.m.

0 comments: