Thursday, March 31, 2011

Hump day

I had a rare kid-free afternoon so I headed to the nail salon for a little pampering. Halfway through my appointment, the power went out! So I ended up spending an extra 20 minutes sitting around, and of course eventually I got bored, so I snuck a picture. Why do so many women think that squirting out of too small clothing is somehow sexier than clothes that actually fit? And when you tell me you're a size XYZ I almost do a spit-take? After I picked up my kids from school we headed home just in time to see our neighbors having a new washer delivered. The kids ran out and and waited for the delivery men to reappear and he kindly emptied the box and sent them on their way with their treasure.


We got a new pet: Spot. He's a Tangerine Crayfish. He's pretty cool, he hunts the fish in his tank with great theatrics. What we didn't know about crayfish (other than our education about shellfish courtesy of Spongebob Squarepants) is that they molt.

Well when we got home yesterday evening we discovered that Spot had molted. Blech. I had to fish out his skin carcass and screeched a couple times thanks to Mike yelling at me that it was moving, and Pickles attacking my ankle once I got the shell out of the tank.

3 comments:

Jen said...

wasn't the girl at the salon pregnant? we are thinking up the making the big leap to first pet for the kids- fish! DO you have any suggestions?

Heather said...

Ummm... she was pregnant at one point in her life, but not currently.
This crayfish is pretty entertaining, but he catches fish, so he's got some cheap neons in there with him, and apparently can't live with anybody else. In our other tank we have some frogs (which are kind of a pain to feed, they need different food and the other fish steal it) but if you go to Clark's down on Railroad they have a HUGE selection of fish and will tell you some good ones for a starter tank. You might need to get a mocha at Avellino before you go in though :)

Erin said...

Yuck, fun! and yuck again.